10 unique things to do over holiday break
1. Get active. Consider playing at the Aquatic Center, Recreation Center, ice arena, going bowling, or sledding during break.
2. Shovel your family’s driveway and sidewalk. Consider helping your neighbors by shoveling theirs as well.
3. For high school juniors and seniors, use the break to fill out college scholarship applications.
4. Have a board game tournament with friends.
5. Make a snow mural with squirt bottles, water, food coloring and a yard full of snow.
6. Read a book that’s not required for school.
7. Plan, shop and cook a meal for your family.
8. Make and send holiday cards to your family and friends.
9. Go on a winter picnic. Pack warm clothes, a blanket, soup and hot chocolate to enjoy in the park.
Casper Aquatic Center
Casper Aquatic Center is open for the following activities during the holiday break
Open Swim: 1 to 7 p.m.
*½ Price Family Swim: 7 to 8 p.m.
($2.75 per person 5 and older)
Open Swim: 1 to 8 p.m.
*Family Swim: 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Open Swim: 1 to 6 p.m.
*Family Swim: 2 to 4 p.m.
Open Swim: 4 to 6 p.m.
Closed: Dec. 25 and Jan. 1
*Family Swim times require all youth ages 15 and under to be accompanied by a responsible adult.
School’s Out Special Swim
Jan. 2-3, participants pay a reduced admission fee of $3.50. Children 4 and under are always FREE when accompanied by an adult admission. Children 7 and younger must be accompanied by an adult in the water.
Please call 235-8383 for more information
Casper Recreation Center
During the holiday break, the Casper Recreation Center is open:
Monday-Thursday: 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday: 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday: 1 to 7 p.m.
(Closing at 3 pm on Dec. 24 and 5 p.m. on Dec. 31. Closed on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1).
At the Rec Center, kids can play pool, table tennis, basketball and other games in the gym. Youth fitness bikes with video gamingstyle consoles and a couch/lounge area are available as well.
Also, kids over age 13 can use the fitness rooms, and ages 15 and over can use the weight room.
Cost for the Rec Center is $3.50 per day.
This article was originally published in the For Your Kids’ Health e-newsletter, a project by Wyoming Medical Center and Natrona County School District. Find more articles and health tips for children of all ages by clicking on For Your Kids’ Health from The Pulse’s homepage.